Mininet 2.2.2 is primarily a performance improvement and bug fix release.
- The Mininet VM images no longer ship with identical
sshkeys. We recommend that you destroy any default
sshkeys in existing Mininet VMs if you haven’t already:
1 2 3
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- We now run public CI builds via Travis
- Several common test failures have been addressed
- We use our own forked versions of
oflopsand the Stanford Reference Switch/Controller
install.shnow has basic support for RHEL
mnexecnow works on systemd systems
- The default OpenFlow port is now the official port of 6653 rather than the classic port of 6633, which was nastily co-opted by Cisco.
- Several issues with the NAT element have been addressed
Bugs and Gotchas
- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial) kernel bug: the problem resulting
unregister_netdevice: waiting for lo to become free. Usage count = 1in the console or kernel log has returned. We recommend using 14.04 or an older kernel until this is fixed.
- Ryu installation with
install.sh -yis still broken
--testsoption is slightly different from mainline
Release notes and Downloads
The easiest way to get started with Mininet is to download a VM image.
Download, installation, and upgrade instructions may be found at http://mininet.org/download .
Thanks to all of the contributors of fixes and enhancements for this release, including Olivier Tilmans, Jono Hart, Tomasz Buchert, Rahman Pujianto, Roan Huang, M S Vishwanath Bhat, Brian O’Connor, and others.