Call for Participation:
Mininet Tutorial - Teaching Computer Networking with Mininet
August 18th, Chicago, USA (in conjunction with SIGCOMM)
- Early Registration Deadline: July 11th, 11:59pm CDT
- Late Registration: July 12th - August 18th
- Tutorial Date: August 18th 8:30am - 12:00pm
Sharing our experiences using the Mininet network emulation platform to teach computer networking in a variety of contexts ranging from small on-campus courses (Stanford, Georgia Tech, MIT) to massive online courses. We believe that the Mininet platform can make teaching and learning computer networking more fun and effective by facilitating experiential learning.
- Introduce Mininet to the broader network community, including its capabilities and limitations and some example use cases.
- Familiarize attendees with Mininet through hands-on exercises.
- Share our experiences using Mininet since 2011 for on-campus and massive online courses at Stanford, Georgia Tech and MIT.
- Disseminate assignments that we used at our universities and help to develop and expand an online repository of Mininet courseware.
Speakers and Panelists
- Bob Lantz - ON.Lab
- Te-Yuan (TY) Huang - Stanford
- Vimalkumar Jeyakumar - Stanford
- Brian O’Connor - ON.Lab
- Nick Feamster - Georgia Tech
- Keith Winstein - MIT
- Anirudh Sivaraman - MIT